Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Catching up...

It has been a while since we updated the blog. We have been so busy lately. In late October, we celebrated my brother's 22nd birthday in Wilmington. We had a great weekend and we always enjoy going to the beach.


Mom and Dad enjoyed our dinner at the Chop House.

Travis getting ready to blow out his candles. Kelly doesn't like when I take her picture!

As most of you know, we purchased an umbrella for our outdoor furniture this summer and we absolutely loved it!! It even had solar lights built into it. Not to mention, we got it for $34 dollars since it was a display item. Well, one day I came home from work and this is the sight that greeted me. The umbrella was destroyed by the wind. Lesson learned: Close the umbrella when it is not in use :-) I know those of you who knew how proud of this item we were, are probably laughing!!

After building the new deck, we decided we should probably stain it. We worked very hard to get the whole deck stained with only 2 paintbrushes. I was proud of myself for helping out and actually doing a good job, according to Brian. We really like how it turned out.

No comments: